Our beta program is always seeking participants to help us with testing upcoming features. By joining, you will have access to upcoming features before the general public but may experience more issues along the way. You may also provide early feedback and help shape how features will work and look on release.
- As someone who has been using Lunatask for some time already, you have a solid grasp of how features are supposed to work, so you are well-equipped to notice when something is misbehaving
- Your Lunatask account is on Premium plan as issues and regressions might be introduced in Premium-only features
- You have an account in our Slack Community as testing is coordinated via Slack
- You are on a supported platform (our beta program is currently available on macOS, Windows, and Linux)
Our beta program for Windows requires Windows 10+. On Linux, snaps must be available on your distribution. Beta program is not available for Windows 8 or the AppImage version of Lunatask for Linux.
Joining beta program
Join our Slack Community and send a direct message to Mike from Lunatask, stating you would like to become a beta tester. Please, also include the following information:
- The email address of your Lunatask account
- The list of all desktop platforms you are using Lunatask on (macOS / Windows / Linux)
- The list of all mobile platforms you would like to use Lunatask on in the future (iOS / Android)
- The email address of your Microsoft account used on the Microsoft Store (Windows users only)
- Your Apple ID (macOS users only)
In return, you will get access to #beta-testers private channel and installation instructions.
Installation instructions (macOS)
Our beta program for macOS uses Apple's TestFlight system for beta build distribution.
- First, install "TestFlight" app on your Mac from the Mac App Store
- Open the invitation you received via email and press the "View in TestFlight" button
- The TestFlight app will now open with Lunatask app profile – press "install" to install it
If you previously purchased your subscription using the in-app purchase in the Mac App Store version of our app, you won't be able to make changes to your subscription in beta versions of the app (payment processing is disabled in beta versions of our app for macOS).
To make changes to your subscription, open the Mac App Store app -> Account Settings -> press the button to "manage subscriptions" -> select Lunatask in the list of your subscriptions and make changes there.
When there's a new beta update available, it will be automatically installed. To check for updates manually, open the TestFlight app on your Mac.
Installation instructions (Windows)
Our beta program for Windows uses Microsoft's Package flights system (built-in into the Microsoft Store) for beta build distribution.
If you previously used the Microsoft Store version of Lunatask, there's nothing else to do once you are added as a beta tester and beta versions will now show up in app updates in the Microsoft Store.
If you previously used the version of Lunatask for Windows downloaded from our website, find its installation location on your system and uninstall the app using
Uninstall Lunatask.exe (if you have a shortcut on your desktop, you can right-click it and press "open file location"). Then, installing Lunatask from the Microsoft Store will get you the latest beta version.
Reporting feedback and issues
Use #beta-testers private channel to report feedback or issues you may encounter in features not yet widely released, or any regressions in existing functionality.
Happy testing and thanks for all the help! ❤️
Please, don't use TestFlight's built-in system for submitting feedback or bug reports (we don't check it often), use Slack instead 🙏
I want to leave your beta program
If you ever decide you don’t want to be part of beta program anymore, or if you stop using the app completely, please, let me know via Slack or send us a message. This is for our own bookkeeping, and so you no longer receive notifications when new beta updates become available.